|This page documents an official Kingkiller Chronicle Wiki policy.|
|It is a widely accepted standard that should normally be followed by all editors.|
Policies and guidelines have been developed on Kingkiller Chronicle Wiki to further the goal of creating a freely editable encyclopedia.
Policies apply to all editors. Kingkiller Chronicle Wiki strives to create a welcoming and fun environment for those who are civil to and assume good faith in others, seek consensus in discussions, and work towards the goal of creating an increasingly comprehensive encyclopedia about everything in the world of The Kingkiller Chronicle.
Policies need to be approached with common sense; adhere to the spirit rather than the letter of the rules, and be prepared to ignore the rules on the rare occasions when they conflict with the goal of improving the wiki.
- Articles are open to any contributor for editing, however making an account is encouraged. Accounts help you keep track of your edits, plus you can earn fun achievement badges!
- Before editing articles, please read the Manual of style and Layout guide. This will help prepare you to write and create complete articles.
- If you do create or spot an article that does not able to fully comply to the style guide, please mark that article with a stub tag for very short and incomplete articles and/or needhelp tag for medium-sized articles that still lacks critical information and/or the proper formatting.
- Please do not create new articles that do not strictly pertain to the canon. Making articles about theories or speculation will lead to their deletion. You may post in the comments of an existing article, or start a forum discussion for these sorts of topics.
- Comments deemed to be spam will be deleted by the moderator.
- Comments deemed to be offensive, inappropriate, or overly profane will be deleted. Moderate profanity is allowed considering these are adults novels, please use your best judgement.
- Comments that personally attack other contributors will be removed.
- Any contributor found to act outside these policies continuously will be blocked. Warning a contributor of there suspension will be at the discretion of the administrator, not a requirement.