- "Not a single bad story in the bunch... The table of contents alone will make fans from all genre aisles salivate."
- ―Library Journal
Rogues is a cross-genre anthology edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois, featuring 21 original short stories by various authors in the science fiction and fantasy genre. The book was first published on June 17, 2014 by Bantam Spectra in the United States.
A thrilling collection of twenty-one original stories by an all-star list of contributors—including a new A Game of Thrones story by George R. R. Martin!
If you’re a fan of fiction that is more than just black and white, this latest story collection from #1 New York Times bestselling author George R. R. Martin and award-winning editor Gardner Dozois is filled with subtle shades of gray. Twenty-one all-original stories, by an all-star list of contributors, will delight and astonish you in equal measure with their cunning twists and dazzling reversals. And George R. R. Martin himself offers a brand-new A Game of Thrones tale chronicling one of the biggest rogues in the entire history of Ice and Fire.
Follow along with the likes of Gillian Flynn, Joe Abercrombie, Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss, Scott Lynch, Cherie Priest, Garth Nix, and Connie Willis, as well as other masters of literary sleight-of-hand, in this rogues gallery of stories that will plunder your heart—and yet leave you all the richer for it.
- “Tough Times All Over” by Joe Abercrombie
- “What Do You Do?” by Gillian Flynn
- “The Inn of the Seven Blessings” by Matt Hughes
- “Bent Twig” by Joe R. Lansdale
- “Tawny Petticoats” by Michael Swanwick
- “Provenance” by David W. Ball
- “The Roaring Twenties” by Carrie Vaughn
- “A Year and a Day in Old Theradane” by Scott Lynch
- “Bad Brass” by Bradley Denton
- “Heavy Metal” by Cherie Priest
- “The Meaning of Love” by Daniel Abraham
- “A Better Way to Die” by Paul Cornell
- “Ill Seen in Tyre” by Steven Saylor
- “A Cargo of Ivories” by Garth Nix
- “Diamonds From Tequila” by Walter Jon Williams
- “The Caravan to Nowhere” by Phyllis Eisenstein
- “The Curious Affair of the Dead Wives” by Lisa Tuttle
- “How the Marquis Got His Coat Back” by Neil Gaiman
- “Now Showing” by Connie Willis
- “The Lightning Tree” by Patrick Rothfuss
- “The Rogue Prince, or, a King’s Brother” by George R. R. Martin
|Works in the The Kingkiller Chronicle series|
|Novels||The Name of the Wind (2007) ▪ The Wise Man's Fear (2011) ▪ The Doors of Stone (to be released)|
|Companion tales||How Old Holly Came to Be in Unfettered (2013) ▪ The Lightning Tree in Rogues (2014) ▪ The Slow Regard of Silent Things (2014) ▪ The Tale of Laniel Young-Again (to be released)|
|Derived works||Cealdish Currency (2013) ▪ The Name of the Wind Playing Cards (2014) ▪ Pairs (2014) ▪ TV Series, Movie and Video Game (optioned)|