A span is the eleven day week recognized throughout Temerant.
- Chaen or Caenin (Depending on edition)
The first seven days are simply numbered in Temic. These were the original seven days of the week.
The following four days, Felling, Reaving, Cendling, and Mourning, have religious significance and were added later, relating to the story told by Trapis.
- Felling: This is the day when Tehlu felled Encanis.
- Reaving: This is the day Encanis is seized and chained to the giant iron wheel.
- Cendling: On this day, Tehlu's followers lit the fire that would burn Encanis.
- Mourning: On this day, Tehlins mourn the death of Tehlu.
There are also seven days of High Mourning at the end of each year, for a total of 359 days in a year.
There does appear to be some distortion of days within the narrative. However this detail is the most conclusive fans have been provided. It can be safely assumed any inaccuracies are simply textual errors.